Saturday, February 12, 2011

Am I worthy of my freedom?

            Like any person in the world, I also have my personal secrets in life. Now, I’m going to share you one. But first let me tell you the details, it started during my sophomore year in high school. I was in the midst of my puberty stage therefore I have problems with keeping my interaction to the society. Moreover, it was harder for my part to be in a school governed mostly with students with wealthy families. My allowance was, for other students, just for load. So I resorted to the biggest mistake that I done in my life, to steal money from my parents. The amount I stole varied time to time. Sometimes just P20 but there was once I stole P1000. But as they say, “Nothing lasts forever”, my parents knew what I did. They were very disappointed to the point that my dad didn’t look at me when my mother was scolding me.
           
            I took for granted the gift of freedom just because I was insecure about others family status. I realized that time that it doesn’t mean that I can do it; I also have the right to do it. It was a bit too late though to correct my mistakes but all I can do now is not to make the same mistake again.

            I may not be born in a wealthy family but it doesn’t mean that I can’t change the way it is. So now, I’m studying at my best to get good grades in order to graduate in time and eventually and hopefully get a good stable job someday so that I can help my family uplift our status in the society. Not only for them but also for the family I will have someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment